Shionogi Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Shionogi & Co., Ltd., a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company with state of the art research capabilities that has provided innovative medicines essential to people's health for over 135 years.
In the US, Shionogi Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceutical products that address unmet medical needs in the areas such as pain and anti-infectives.
This Associate Director Primary Market Research will support internal customers to identify market insights that effectively drive strategic decision-making and maximize the commercial potential of Shionogi portfolio. The incumbent is responsible
for the design and execution of primary market research studies
that assess market landscape, product performance and marketing and sales initiatives for both in-line and new products within covered therapeutic area. Current focus is Hospital-based Therapies specifically, Infectious Diseases.
The candidate must demonstrate capabilities in all aspects of primary research such as: product / patient research, segmentation, brand positioning, message testing, pricing research, etc. -- as well as understanding of efficiencies of various research options
primary, secondary, digital/social media, etc.
- Execute Market Research from inception through results presentation, The AD, designs, manages, analyzes, and communicates the findings of original research studies for defined business needs or yet to be identified business issues.
- Engages internal customers to identify business need and then work with selected vendor and internal customer to develop research methodologies to address the business need
- Successfully execute the study.
- Drive business decisions and initiatives (at the company and brand level) resulting from recommendations from market research for all markets in which we currently compete.
Current focus is Hospital-based Therapies specifically, Infectious Diseases,
as well as markets identified through our research pipeline and Business Development efforts.
- Maximize the market research budget to provide valuable insights that are aligned with the business objectives of the Brand teams.
- Ensure quality, integrity and value of market research studies, results, and reports and provide actionable insights.
- Direct primary market research to evaluate new business development opportunities and provide insights for go/no go decisions.
- Integrate primary and secondary data such as epidemiology/ patient data or other syndicated report to amplify and support the result of the research
- Manage special projects as deemed necessary by management.
- Bachelor s Degree in quantitative field such as marketing, market research, statistics, mathematics, economics or operations research; MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years healthcare market research experience; including pharma industry background and agency experience.
- Experience with hospital-based therapies is essential.
- Therapeutic area experience with anti-infectives is highly desired.
- Demonstrated in-depth strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate primary & secondary research into strategic insights with an understanding of their independencies.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong technical knowledge of advanced market research techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of sources of secondary information and syndicated research for the pharmaceutical and health care industries to including sales and prescription audits, promotional audits, physician-level data, patient-level claims data, pricing audits, medical
practice audits, and other sources.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels and external contacts.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks to achieve established deadlines.
- Must live a commutable distance to our US Corporate Headquarters in Florham Park, NJ.
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at: https://www.shionogi.com/careers/careers.html -- and meet the requirements of this opportunity.
We look forward to reviewing your resume & qualifications.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.